Basin-South Asia online discussion forumUp one level
Share ideas, solutions and experiences with fellow travellers on eco habitat in rural India.
- Lok Awaas Yatra Southern Region by Bhairab Giri Goswami — posted on 2010-12-21 17:58 — 10 comment(s)
- The fifth Yatra through the southern Region is being organised between 17th – 21st December 2010 covering Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The Yatra large scale delivery of housing and habitat through local action. Ranging from proactive efforts of panchayat leaders, local groups as well as state machinery, the yatra includes experiences on the use of new and renewable energy sources for habitat and attempts to draw lessons from the linkage between habitat and livelihoods. The Yatra thus visits projects within the context of post -disaster rehabilitation as well as mainstream development context. It also visits centres promoting the development and commercialization of low energy and alternate construction technologies.
- Lok Awaas Yatra Nothern Region by Bhairab Giri Goswami — posted on 2010-12-07 16:26 — 16 comment(s)
- The fourth Yatra through the hilly Northern Region is being organised between 6th – 10th December 2010 covering Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. The Yatra, this time with two trails focuses on issues of hilly geo-climatic zones and attempts to draw lessons particularly on the use of new and renewable energy sources for habitat. The Yatra is looks at the changing climatic conditions and disaster vulnerability of these regions and attempts to draw wisdom from traditional habitat practices in an increasingly fragile ecological context. The Yatra thus visits projects focused on energy generation using organic and renewable sources – solar, biogas, biomass, traditional water mills and others. It also visits centres promoting the development and commercialization of low energy construction technologies and learns from pilot initiatives on structural retrofitting of buildings as eco- tourism.
- Lok Awaas Yatra Eastern Region by geetha — posted on 2010-04-28 12:55 — 8 comment(s)
- The Eastern Region Yatra between 26th – 30th March 2010 covered Bihar and Orissa. The Yatra comprised three trails from Bihar, Orissa and Sunderbans. Focus was on sustainable habitat development, people’s participation, water and sanitation and integrated habitat development models. The trails ended with a regional seminar at Patna on 30th March 2010, that identified key enablers for enhancing the quality of rural habitats in the eastern region. Our key partners for the Yatra were Gram Vikas, Megh Pyne, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Ashraya and Goal.
- Lok Awaas Yatra Western Region by amar — posted on 2010-04-28 12:47 — 9 comment(s)
- The Western Region Yatra scheduled between 17-21 January 2010 covered Saurashtra and Kutch in Gujarat and Western Rajasthan. It culminated in a Regional Seminar at Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (CEPT), in Ahmedabad that identified key enablers for enhancing the quality of rural habitats in the Western Region.
- Lok Awaas Yatra Central Region by amar — posted on 2010-04-28 12:37 — 2 comment(s)
- The first Yatra covered the Central Region from 8th-12th September 2009. The yatra comprised of three trails each anchored by a locally active NGO - the Marathwada trail- anchored by Sahyog Nirmithee based in Latur - and reaching districts of Latur, Osmanabad, Ahmednagar and Aurangabad. The Vidarbha trail- anchored by Centre of Science for Villages, in Wardha covered districts of Wardha and Nagpur and highlighted ‘alternate’ and energy efficient habitat technologies and their application.The Bundelkhand trail- anchored by Development Alternatives in Jhansi - covered districts of Jhansi, Datia and Tikamgarh. This trail demonstrated learning on alternate technologies and their application with different stakeholders in a catalytic role.